Driver visibility and vehicle monitoring are the key to protecting employees and other motorists
In the run up to Road Safety Week (15-21st November), telematics expert Tracker Network (UK) Limited, is urging fleet managers to become Road Safety Heroes, with the help of asset management software. By embracing in-the-moment telematics solutions, fleet managers can not only monitor road conditions, weather, traffic and more to enable safer operations, but also intervene to resolve critical issues such as vehicle failures, dangerous driving behaviour and impending collisions.
Being Safer On The Road
Coordinated by Brake, the road safety charity, the theme of Road Safety Week 2021 is Road Safety Heroes, celebrating the heroic work of road safety professionals, and explaining how everyone can all play a part in making journeys safer for the benefit of all. Tracker is supporting Road Safety Week by reminding fleet managers of the importance of their role in improving driver behaviour and reducing road traffic accidents.
“Current challenges such as the HGV driver shortage, the fuel crisis, lack of vehicle spare-parts and the looming winter months that can bring harsher driving conditions, will all be adding to fleet manager woes. With these hurdles in mind, Road Safety Week couldn’t be a more timely and vital reminder to businesses operating a fleet just how crucial it is to invest in practical telematics solutions that will help them keep their drivers and other road users safe,” comments Mark Rose, managing director for Tracker.
It is vital that businesses empower their fleet managers by
giving them the best tools available.
Managing Director, Tracker
Tracker Fleet Telematics
The recent U.K. launch of CalAmp’s fleet management software iOn™ by Tracker, offers businesses real-time data accessibility and visibility through a single, easy-to-use platform to determine exactly where fleet assets are and how they are performing, crucial for optimising fleet efficiency and safety. Its intuitive user interface (UI) provides the right insights, to the right staff, at the right time.
“It is vital that businesses empower their fleet managers by giving them the best tools available, ones that deliver business-critical intelligence and intuitively provide access to dashboards, reports and alerts so that they can act upon that intel,” continues Mark Rose. “By implementing our fleet telematics and connected solutions, fleet managers can stay in control, while meeting their Duty of Care obligations, protecting all road users and ultimately becoming Road Safety Heroes.”
Key benefits of the iOn™ Fleet Management Software include:
- Workflow Efficiency – with intuitive dashboards, map layering and asset breadcrumb trails that provide a holistic view of an entire fleet and drivers allowing operators to proactively manage operations from a desktop, tablet or mobile phone
- Safety – with on-demand access to dashboards, reports and alerts offering in-the-moment intervention to address critical issues like vehicle failures, dangerous driving behaviour and collisions
- Cost Savings – by identifying engine idling to reduce fuel costs; reducing costly repairs by using the maintenance manager; using geofences around offices to automate time and attendance
- Visibility – of all vital assets, road conditions, weather, traffic and more to enable smoother, more efficient and safer operational workflows
- A Rolling Programme of Innovation - additional benefits to be launched in the U.K. in the coming months include Bluetooth-enabled iOn Tags™, a smart proximity sensor that can be affixed to assets of any size. If tools or other valuable assets are left behind, the system will identify the last known location and alert operation managers and drivers to assist in a quick recovery. The iOn Vision™ video intelligence solution will also be launched, providing contextual insights into driver performance to improve fleet safety.