Installation Guide and Support For Your 12V Plug-In Telematics Device
Let's get you started!
Your Installation Guide for your 12V Plug-In Telematics Device
Follow these quick and easy steps to connect your Telematics Device
Locate the 12v port in your car
- Your 12v port should be found in the front of your car. They are usually located on or around the dashboard centre console (near the gear stick) or in the boot
- Refer to your vehicle owner manual if you are having trouble locating the port.
- Can't find your 12v port? Please read are FAQs
Plug your Device into your car's 12v port
- Insert the plug end of the Device into the 12v port
- Ensure the plug is fully inserted and staying in place
- Feed the attached cable into the passenger footwell
- Any queries? Please read our FAQs
Secure The Device
- Using the velcro provided, secure the black box onto the carpet on the side of the centre console (as shown here) or directly underneath the passenger seat, secured to the car floor carpet.
- DO NOT fit to the loose mat itself. Read our FAQs
- Ensure it is firmly in place.
- Tuck any loose cable under the passenger mat.
Check your Device has power
- Now your device is installed, turn on your ignition.
- Check there is a dim blue light on the 12v USB port.
- If you do not see a blue light, make sure the device is inserted securely.
- If you still can't see the blue light, read our FAQs
Step 5 - Download Your App and Activate Your Device
- Download the app from Google Play or App Store
- Your Device will be activated and communicate with us after you have completed a couple of trips. The app will let you know the device is connected to us and recording trips.
- If after 3 or 4 trips, your app is not reporting those trips, then please read our FAQs
Frequently Asked Qestions
Having problems installing your Telematics Device?
A Telematics Device is a small device that fits into your vehicle’s 12v Port (commonly known as the cigarette lighter). There are two parts to the device, the telematics device – this is the part that goes into the 12v port and the black box – this is the part that collects all your driving data.
The Velcro is to be stuck to the back of the black box part of the Telematics Device. This is to ensure it is securely placed onto the carpet part within the footwell or under the passenger seat.
DO NOT fit to the loose mat in the footwell.
It is important the Telematics Device is securely fixed to the carpet either on the side of the centre console or under the passenger seat, using the Velcro provided. Here it is less likely to be kicked or disturbed and the Velcro stops the Telematics Device from wobbling/moving which will help avoid any false/incorrect crash alerts.
Once you have plugged in the plug part of the Telematics Device, we suggest you start the vehicle’s ignition and a dim blue light should be visible on the plug. This light confirms the 12v Port is working.
You should also have two different coloured lights on the black box part of the Telematics Device. It may take a 15 – 20 minute trip, for these two lights to appear.
Your Telematics Device should display a dim blue light almost immediately. If this does not get the blue light displaying, it may be there is an issue with your 12v Port.
All 12v Ports tend to be a generic size and the Telematics Device is designed to fit very snug, so it remains in place.
Your app may not display any trips until you have completed 3 or 4 trips. If after that your trips are still not visible, please contact us and we will be able to assist you further.