Stolen vehicle recovery and technology expert Tracker has launched SmartDealer™ and SmartDrive™ new connectivity solutions offering automated intelligence specifically to boost dealer profitability, enhance customer loyalty and deliver peace of mind for the drive ahead. The launch embraces a globally-scaled, cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) telematics platform from parent company, CalAmp® (Nasdaq: CAMP), and is one of many strategic thrusts to transform the mobile connected economy.
By accessing vehicle location, battery status and VIN, SmartDealer enables dealers to manage inventory, shorten customer wait times and individualise the onsite customer experience. That same service can be sold through to the customer as SmartDrive, allowing dealers to offer bespoke and timely services and discounts, thus securing after-sales revenue. Customers can opt-in to allow dealers to receive vehicle diagnostic information for proactive response to maintenance and repair issues. Identifying and addressing vehicle issues before they develop into serious and costly faults will enhance the customer’s vehicle ownership experience and build stronger relationships between customers and dealers over the long term.
“Car dealers continue to face increasing challenges in an economically uncertain time,” said Kriss Cocomazzi, sales and marketing director at Tracker, a wholly owned subsidiary of CalAmp. “Not only are front-end profits shrinking, putting greater emphasis on selling high-margin add-ons, consumers expect a quick, convenient and tailored sales and service process, brought on by today’s fast-paced, digital world.”
“SmartDealer and SmartDrive harness CalAmp’s international award-winning telematics expertise and Tracker’s market-leading stolen vehicle recovery technology to help dealers proactively meet consumer vehicle ownership demands. Together, these solutions help boost a dealer’s bottom line, whilst improving brand loyalty and the customer journey,” Cocomazzi added.
SmartDrive™ gives customers access to a powerful world of SaaS-based connected car services, including:
· CrashBoxx™ – automotive OEM-grade crash detection providing dealers and loved ones with real-time notification of when a customer’s vehicle is involved in a collision, including severity of the crash and preliminary damage estimation
· Tripwire™ Early Warning – timely alerts if a customer’s car moves un-expectantly if it is towed or stolen
· Stolen Vehicle Location Assist – U.K.-based trained agents help in case a customer’s car is stolen; a simple call can help quickly locate and track the vehicle
· Journey History – track business or personal trips with easy report documentation
· Virtual Boundaries – notification when a loved one arrives at their destination
· Speed Alerts – notification if a loved one goes faster than they should
· Where’s My Car? – easily pinpoint your vehicle on the map
These services not only offer dealers yet another revenue opportunity, but also adds a greater level of vehicle security and peace of mind for the drive ahead for customers.
In addition to optimising aftersales growth, SmartDealer will help dealers manage their inventory prior to its sale. Real-time insights on forecourt stock, such as vehicle health status, battery levels and location, enables dealers to prioritise servicing and streamline the test drive process by ensuring vehicles are quickly pinpointed and always road ready. Offering added stock security, SmartDealer’s innovative geofencing technology enables dealers to set a virtual boundary around vehicles and receive alerts about unauthorised movements on or off the forecourt.
“Tracker’s integration of CalAmp’s SaaS telematics platform is another example of our ability to deliver innovative automotive services to more markets worldwide as a part of our strategic global expansion and drive to increase SaaS revenue,” said Justin Schmid, senior vice president and general manager of LoJack international operations for CalAmp. “Through Tracker, we are bringing technology innovation and expertise to the automotive retail market and putting dealerships in better touch with their customers at the right time to deliver tailored, proactive after-sales services. SmartDealer and SmartDrive support dealers in exceeding the expectations of their customers, while generating recurring revenue in a competitive U.K. market.”
· Auto Inventory Management - quickly find any vehicle on the forecourt and actively monitor your inventory; spend less time looking for vehicles and more time making sales
· Low Battery Alerts - get DTC alerts for every vehicle on your forecourt, enabling you to prioritise servicing for vehicles that need it most and eliminating unforeseen delays to deliveries and test drives
· Virtual Boundaries - innovative geofencing technology allows you to set a virtual boundary around your vehicles to get alerts about unauthorised movements or when a vehicle is off the forecourt
· Additional Service Revenue - DTC alerts highlight when there’s an issue with a customer’s vehicle, so you can proactively offer your services
· Loyal Customer Base - keep your customers coming back by offering services and discounts to your customers based on mileage and vehicle status